Monday, November 10, 2008

CrockPot Pineapple Salsa Chicken

I tried this one a few weeks ago. I WISH I had put everything but the chicken in the crock pot first, so I could taste the 'broth' and make sure there was enough of this and that. Anyway, just a hint.

6 skinless chicken breasts, tenders, or whatever's in the freezer
1 can pineapple tidbits with juice (big can if you love pineapple, small can if you like it)
1 can black beans (do not drain)
1 can corn, drained
1-2 cups instant rice (depending on how many people you're trying to feed)
1 big jar of salsa
1-2 cups of water or chicken broth
Spices: Whatever you like - I used Garlic powder, Red Chili Powder, Salt & Pepper, Dehydrated Onions to taste



Throw it in a crock pot. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, or 2-3 hours on HIGH if you're in a hurry. Serve with tortillas, unless you forget to buy some. Once you do have tortillas, the leftovers make great burritos.

No comments: