Thursday, November 13, 2008

Quick Beef Stroganoff

My mom made this a lot when I was little and I always liked it. I just made it for dinner tonight and the girls liked it pretty well. We'll see what Ryan thinks when he wakes up from his nap.


1 pound lean ground beef (I keep Costco hamburger patties for my "ground beef" and use 4-6 frozen patties depending on how many people I need to feed)
1 cup chopped onion (I used a TBS or so of dehydrated minced onions)
1/4 Cup oil
1 clove garlic (or just garlic powder to taste)
2 TBS all purpose flour
2 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 can sliced mushrooms, undrained
1 can cream of whatever you have soup (chicken or mushroom works just fine)
8 oz tub sour cream


Heat oil in large frying pan. Brown meat with onion and garlic.
Stir in flour and seasoning. Add mushrooms with liquid and soup.
Cook on low for 10 minutes.
Fold in sour cream when ready to serve.

Serve with cooked egg noodles or rice and a side of green beans. YUMMY!

No comments: