Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Funeral Potatoes

Great side dish. Not for anyone on a diet!

8-10 medium potatoes (or a pkg of 'hashbrowns')
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 stick butter
2 Cups grated cheddar cheese
2 cups sour cream
2 TBS dehydrated onion
salt & pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste

Boil potatoes with the skins on. Cool and peel. (I grate them right into the bowl after everything else is mixed.)
Combine in large bowl: butter and soup. Heat in microwave until easily combined.
Add sour cream. cheese. onion & spices.
Mix together. Add grated potatoes or hashbrowns.
Put in 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 45-60 mins uncovered.

PS - I've found it turns out funny using hashbrowns, so this is the one place I take my time and do it right. It also turns out better if you refrigerate it overnight. You can add crumbled up crackers on top, but Ryan hates it so I don't.

No comments: