Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cream of Chicken Soup

When I was on a modified diet, I needed to find a way to use all my recipes that had Campbell's Soup in them... Found this recipe on the internet somewhere. I even like it better than the canned soups and it comes in handy when I don't have any around!

Cream of Chicken (or anything) Soup

1 c. cold milk
2 tbls. cornstarch
1 1/2 tbls. butter
1 tsp. chicken bullion
1/2 tsp. salt
dash of pepper

Wisk milk and cornstarch in saucepan on medium heat until blended. Stir in butter, bullion, salt and pepper then heat to boil, stirring frequently. Simmer on low 1 minute till thick.

Mushroom soup - add 4 oz can mushroom pieces drained (I like to chop them a bit more)
Chicken soup - can add 1/2 c. cooked chicken pieces
Celery soup - 1/2 c. sauteed chopped celery

Yield: "1 can" of cream soup... I just add just over a cup of milk when a recipe calls for a "can" of soup and a "can" of milk.

No comments: